Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, homemade split pea soup with ham. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Split Pea and Ham Soup at Its Finest. This recipe makes a hearty and vibrant dish that’s the perfect comforting, cold-weather soup. The secret to a flavorful split pea soup – Homemade Ham Stock.
Homemade Split Pea Soup with Ham is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Homemade Split Pea Soup with Ham is something which I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have homemade split pea soup with ham using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Homemade Split Pea Soup with Ham:
- Take 1 bag split dried peas rinsed very well (I do not soak my split peas overnight)
- Take 1-2 medium to large carrots cleaned and chopped into round nickel size
- Take 1 stalk celery cleaned and diced, I do not dice the white or the leaf stalks of the celery. I toss in the diced and the rest using them for flavour
- Prepare Option: ham (I cubed for her) I prefer no meat, although ham adds flavour
- Make ready 2 medium boxes : I do not measure : I covered the peas with Organic Low Sodium Chicken broth
- Prepare 1 large sweet onion diced
- Make ready 2 cloves garlic minced
- Prepare Milk about 1 to 1-1/2 cups
- Get Dash nutmeg
- Make ready Salt and pepper to taste.. I used kosher salt and fresh ground peppet
Homemade Split Pea Soup, just like mom made growing up! This hearty, protein packed, comforting soup is made with tender split peas, flavorful ham and fresh vegetables. And beginning with a whole bag of dry split peas yields a full bodied soup with the perfect consistency and texture. If you love homemade split pea soup, this green pea soup recipe will be your new favorite.
Steps to make Homemade Split Pea Soup with Ham:
- Using a large heavy gage pot. I used about 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- I allowed the pot get hot, poured out n rinsed split peas with diced carrots, onion, garlic, all of the celery pieces
- Sauté until the vegetables are almost tender. Pour in slowly both boxes of low sodium chicken broth. Stir,
- Place heat on medium high until it almost boils. Turn heat on low, allow to cook, about 20 minutes
- Option: I like mine creamy, I use unsweetened almond milk. My friend brought skim milk.
- Once the soup is almost finished I like to use an Emersion hand blender to help thicken my soup
- Option: I like a teaspoon full of A good plain green yogurt on top
- Last but not least Enjoy 😊
I had misgivings about putting this green pea soup recipe on the blog. Not because of any flavor issues — but let’s face it — homemade split pea soup — that particular shade of green — doesn’t inspire you. We owe a lot to these little guys. I’ve always said that Lentil Soup is the least sexy looking soup in the world. If you buy one, you’ll find it looks a lot neater than a scrappy leftover leftover ham bone from a homemade Glazed Ham.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food homemade split pea soup with ham recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Taken From https://kookthis.web.app/396-steps-to-make-quick-homemade-split-pea-soup-with-ham/
Another Source https://cookpad.com