Hello everybody, it’s Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, mussels marinara. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Mussels Marinara is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Mussels Marinara is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have mussels marinara using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Mussels Marinara:
- Take 1/2 tablespoon salt and water to cook the pasta
- Make ready 8 ounces linguine- cook by the package directions
- Get 1/2 of an onion – finely diced
- Take 1/2 each jalapeno – finely diced (with seeds makes spicier -Your choice:)
- Take 3-4 cloves garlic – finely chopped
- Prepare 4 each mushrooms sliced
- Make ready 1/2 pint grape tomatoes- quartered- or a cup of diced tomatoes
- Prepare 1 ounce olive oil
- Take 1/4 teaspoon dry,thyme
- Make ready 1/4 teaspoon dry,oregano
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Make ready 1 teaspoon salt
- Take 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar (If you like a slightly sweeter sauce adjust at the end:)
- Make ready 1 cup clam juice
- Prepare 1-1 1/2 pounds mussels cleaned – no dead ones
- Take 2 cups tomato sauce
- Get 1 ounce basil – fine chiffonade/ribbon cut
- Make ready as needed Parmesan
Instructions to make Mussels Marinara:
- Clean mussels- they should be closed, and if anything is hanging off pull and cut seaweed or beard. If open tap on counter three or four times to see if it closes. If it stays open throw it away. Dead shellfish will make you very sick.
- Place a 4 quart pot on and fill with 2 quarts of water and bring to a boil add a 1/2 tablespoon of salt
- In a 4 quart pot, cook off pasta and set aside
- Add the thyme,oregano, pepper, salt, sugar and clam juice and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add mussels and tomato sauce Cover and cook until mussels have opened about 10 minutes. Discard any mussels that have not opened after that. Toss in basil and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Mix the mussels and sauce with pasta and serve Parmesan on top as you like.
- Note -I like adding peeled shrimp and scallops to make a Seafood Marinara I add them at the same time as I add the mussels. The scallops should be firm and the shrimp pink.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food mussels marinara recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Taken From https://kookthis.web.app/1856-step-by-step-guide-to-make-favorite-mussels-marinara/
Another Source https://cookpad.com