Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, turkey or chicken soup made from leftover roast turkey or chicken. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have turkey or chicken soup made from leftover roast turkey or chicken using 27 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken:
- Take 1 FOR SOUP STOCK
- Prepare 1 Whole leftover roast turkey or chicken, all bones, scraps and bits and pieces
- Prepare 2 carrots, cut into chunks
- Make ready 2 stalks celery, cut into chunks
- Make ready 1 large onion, peeled and cut into chunks
- Take 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- Make ready 1 tsp thyme, dryed
- Get 6 black peppercorns or 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- Prepare 3 whole garlic cloves
- Make ready 1 ENOUGH LOW SODIUM CHICKEN BROTH TO COVER ALL STOCK INGREDIENTS! IT WILL VARY DEPENDING ON SIZE OF ROAST
- Get 1 FOR SOUP
- Take 1 tbsp butter
- Make ready 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- Prepare 10 button mushrooms, sliced
- Take 2 celery stalks, sliced
- Prepare 1 medium onion, chopped
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic, minced
- Get 1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- Make ready 2 cup bok choy, chopped
- Take 1/2 tsp thyme
- Make ready 1/2 tsp black pepper and salt to taste
- Prepare 1 tsp hot sauce such as franks brand
- Get 2 tsp lemon juice
- Take 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Get 1 cup or more of leftover turkey or chicken meat, cubed, or sometimes I make little turkey or chicken meatballs and add them to the finished soup
- Prepare 1 cup cooked rice or pasta such as egg noodles, or what type you prefer, I used a wild rice blend this time.
- Prepare 2 cup low sodium chicken broth
Instructions to make Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken:
- FOR STOCK
- Combine all stock ingredients in a large stockpot, being sure everthings covered with broth, bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer 2 to 3 hours, with a cover ajar to allow for broth to reduce somewhat.
- Strain stock through a fine strainer to a clean large bowl, discard solids.
- At this point you need to degrease stock, the simple way is to chill overnight and just remove and discard top layer of fat, or you can skim it off with a ladel if you do not want to wait.
- FOR SOUP
- In a medium saucepan, melt a tablespoon butter, add mushrooms and soften add onions and garlic, carrots, celery tomaotes with the juice from the can, thyme, pepper, hot sauce, broth and lemon juice, bring to a boil and simmer uncovered untl vegetables are tender
- Meanwhile bring your strained stock to a simmer in a large stockpot, add cooked vegetables and all liquid left with them and combine and simmer add bok choy, the cooked rice or pasta and cubed cooked meat, heat through, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve hot!
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food turkey or chicken soup made from leftover roast turkey or chicken recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Taken From https://kookthis.web.app/1437-simple-way-to-make-quick-turkey-or-chicken-soup-made-from-leftover-roast-turkey-or-chicken/
Another Source https://cookpad.com