Hey everyone, it’s me, Dave, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, beef rendang. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Beef rendang is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Beef rendang is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
Beef Rendang has incredible depth of flavour, with complexity and many layers of spices. This Beef Rendang recipe is from a payroll lady at a company I used to work for. Beef Rendang – the best and authentic beef rendang recipe online!
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have beef rendang using 23 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Beef rendang:
- Take Ingredients (A)
- Get 1 kg beef
- Get 600 ml coconut cream
- Prepare 100 ml vegetable oil
- Take Ingredients (B)- to blend
- Get 4 candlenuts
- Get 12 cloves garlic
- Take 300 g red chili
- Get 250 g onions,
- Take 50 g ginger
- Get 50 g galangal
- Make ready 50 g turmeric
- Get 1 1/2 tsp coriander
- Get 1 tbsp (15 g) salt
- Make ready 1 tsp sugar
- Get 4 green cardamoms
- Get 11/2 tsp cumin
- Take 10 cloves
- Get Ingredients (C)- Seasonings and Spices
- Get 4 stalks bashed lemongrass
- Prepare 3 kaffir lime leaves
- Prepare 1 piece asam keping
- Get 2 turmeric leaves, tied up
Rendang is an Indonesian spicy meat dish originating from the Minangkabau region in West Sumatra, Indonesia. It has spread across Indonesia to the cuisines of neighbouring Southeast Asian countries. Is Beef Rendang also a Malaysian recipe? As much as the Indonesians hate it, beef rendang has long been adopted and considered a local dish by the Malays in Singapore and Malaysia.
Instructions to make Beef rendang:
- Cut the beef into 4 cm squares, half cm thick. Do not cut the beef too small as the meat can break into smaller pieces during cooking.
- Blend all the ingredients in (B), set the blend aside.
- Remove the green section and the outer sheath of the lemongrass. Use only the white portion. Bash them so that the lemongrass to ensure the release of the flavor.
- Heat up the vegetable oil in a wok. Saute the spice paste (B) over low heat until aromatic.
- Add the coconut milk and lemongrass into the wok.
- Add the beef and cook over medium heat. Bring the coconut milk to a boil.
- Once it is boiled, continue simmer over low heat. Add water from time to time when the stew is about to dry.
- Cook until the beef absorbs the flavor of the spices thoroughly and the color turns to dark brown. It will take about three hours, Served with rice or bread enjoy.
This beef rendang recipe yields buttery, juicy beef smothered in a thick, rich, caramelized, aromatic curry sauce. Learn how to make authentic Indonesian beef rendang in your own kitchen with an easy. Kaffir lime leaves are a lovely aromatic accent to all kinds of dishes—you’ll see them used often in Thai or Malaysian cuisine. SAVEUR editor-in-chief James Oseland shares a trick for how to chiffonade. Sauté beef: Coat beef evenly with pounded chilies, coriander powder, fennel seeds, and cumin Sauté until excess water from beef is released.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food beef rendang recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Taken From https://kookthis.web.app/138-recipe-of-homemade-beef-rendang/
Another Source https://cookpad.com