Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, soto ayam (indonesian chicken soup). It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Soto Ayam (Indonesian Chicken Soup) is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Soto Ayam (Indonesian Chicken Soup) is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook soto ayam (indonesian chicken soup) using 27 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Soto Ayam (Indonesian Chicken Soup):
- Prepare 2 lbs chicken thigh (boneless)
- Take 2 L (8 cups) water
- Take 4 bay leaves
- Take 5 kaffir lime leaves
- Prepare 2 lemon grass (the white part only), bruised
- Get 1 inch dried galangal
- Take 2 celery stalks, chopped
- Prepare 3 teaspoon salt
- Make ready 1 teaspoon sugar
- Make ready 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Get Grind the following into spice paste :
- Prepare 7 shallots
- Take 5 garlic cloves
- Take 2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Make ready 2 teaspoon ginger powder
- Make ready 2 teaspoon ground coriander
- Get 1 teaspoon ground cummin
- Prepare 5 candlenut
- Take Accompaniments and Garnishes :
- Make ready Glass noodle, soaked in hot boiling water until soft then drained
- Get Shredded cabbage
- Make ready Cooked rice
- Get Homemade potato chips (optional)
- Prepare Scallion stalk/chives, finely chopped
- Take Shrimp crackers, process in a food processor until they get powdery (optional)
- Get Fried shallots (optional)
- Get 6 hard boiled eggs
Instructions to make Soto Ayam (Indonesian Chicken Soup):
- In a frying pan, heat 3 tablespoon of oil and stir fry the spice paste, bay leaves, kaffir lime leaves, lemon grass and galangal until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes. Keep stirring to avoid burning.
- Turn the heat off. Transfer everything from the frying pan to a slow cooker. Add chicken, water, chopped celery, salt, sugar and white pepper. Set on low. Cook for 6 hours. Taste and adjust salt/pepper as needed.
- Take the chicken out and let them cool. Shred the meat.
- How to serve : – Prepare bowls, add into each bowl some glass noodle, some shredded cabbage, some shredded chicken, 1 hard boil egg, garnish with some chopped scallion, fried shallots, potato chips and ground shrimp crackers. Pour in the soup. To make a more filling meal, it is common in Indonesia to serve Soto Ayam with a bowl of warm white rice. Sometimes I also add some fresh sliced tomatoes.
- I made sweet potato chips instead of potato chips. I sliced the sweet potatoes thinly using a 1 mm slicing blade in a food processor then soaked them in salt water for an hour then deep fried them. Do the same thing if you use potatoes.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food soto ayam (indonesian chicken soup) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Taken From https://kookthis.web.app/131-how-to-make-favorite-soto-ayam-indonesian-chicken-soup/
Another Source https://cookpad.com